In November 2015, "Thea" (21) put him under the knife in the private hospital Haugesund. She can now put multiple years of obesity behind her. The 21 year old student is lofty and elegant, with white blouse, black trenchcoat and hennafarget hair. The nice proporsjonerte face is easy makeup. She looks energetic, and seems comfortable being photographed. Read the article about Emilie's turning point here
Facts about Obesity Surgery:
Obesity is a fast growing health problem that causes significant health risks and shorter life spans. People with severe overweight will be happy to repeatedly lose weight, but the problem is that in the long term is very difficult to hold the new weight. For people with extreme obesity, excess surgery is the only scientifically documented method to reduce weight and achieve permanent weight reduction when all other forms of treatment have failed. The advantages of overweight surgery are:
- Large weight loss. Most patients quickly lose weight and continue with this for 18 to 24 months after surgery.
- Impaired appetite. Due to the decreased production of "hunger-hormones" experience the patient impaired hunger feeling.
- Increased combustion. Hormonal changes after surgery increase the metabolism.
- Better control on type2 diabetes. Some patients experience a complete decline of diabetes symptoms.
- Lower Cholesterol
- Lower blood pressure
- Better sleep quality
- Less joint pain
- Better Mobility
- Improved fertility for women
- Improved quality of life
- Increased life expectancy
Obesity surgery at the private hospital Haugesund: You are being addressed by a team with a surgeon, an anesthetic, a nutritionist, a physiotherapist, a psychologist and a coordinator. Nutritionist helps you with diet 2-3 weeks before surgery. You are in about 1 – 2 days you are Sykemeldt in 2-3 weeks after your surgery weight reduction is achieved by eating small, frequent meals. It is important that the food you eat contains the right nutrients, and here you will get good guidance. For all patients, you get surgery and 5 years of follow-up included in the price of the private hospital Haugesund. If you wish, you can get a free evaluation. We have partnerships with resource banks and offer partial payment.